Friday, January 29, 2010

Detour

Instead of working on the dozens of UFO's that seem to keep appearing in my quilt room, I am going to be working on three new projects for classes.  So no more snowmen blocks for a while.  But truth be told...I'm really excited about these projects.

First to complete is "An Embroiderer's Blessing by Crabapple Hill.  Because she uses a different thread in her stitchery that what was at the shop, I had to select different colors.  No biggie though...just rollin' with the punches.


After that's complete I will be making another diamond quilt called "Diamond Patch" by Seams & Dreams.  I decided to do this project because I think a lot of quilters are afraid of diamonds and I want to show people that they are FUN to do.  I'll be doing the smaller quilt and using Shades of Blue by Sentimental Studios with a few extras thrown in.


And after these two are completed (hopefully by the end of next week) I'll be working on Crabapple Hill's "Vintage Trick or Treat."  I think it is just too cute.  This quilt I can take a little more time with because it won't be needed in the shop till the Fall.


So that's what I have been up to today.  What have you been up to?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Wow, you have wonderful taste in material and projects....