Monday, May 10, 2010

The Beginning of a Quilt

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm working on right now.  I know it doesn't look like much right now but...


It's a commissioned quilt for one of my husband's coworkers.  He wanted a quilt to give his grandson that he could have the rest of his life.  Grandpa is from Texas so he wanted his quilt to represent Texas.  Well it doesn't get any more Texas than the fabric to the right.  It's made up of real Texas signs.  In the center will be a large panel of this fabric with a series of surrounding blocks and borders to get the quilt to fit a full size bed.  Right now I only have three blocks done. 

2 comments:

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

are you doing as many pieced Texas blocks as you can find too?

Kaaren said...

Please show your progress as you go, Monica.

I'm loving it so far!