Thursday, September 16, 2010

Have you ever...

...worked on something for so long and intently that you begin to feel like you're losing your mind?  I think I'm having one of those moments...ugh.  Ohhh Ms. Crockett how I love her...but why in the heck did she have to make the squares so small?  Here's blocks 19 - 22.


Right now I'm working on number 23 and when it's done I think I'm going to take a break from it for the day.  I want to work on something quick and fun...maybe this.


Carrie's Paganini pattern is the perfect distraction...even if I can't decide which version I want to make.  If you aren't aware Carrie included four different versions of the pattern to choose from.  Apparently she could decide either.  The Evening Mist by Sentimental Studiosbcharms to the left will become version 1.  And the charm to the left were cut from my stash to become version 3.

If Paganini doesn't work to distract me, maybe I'll do some more crocheting.  Here's what I have so far.  Sorry the pic is kinda washed out.


So far I've got twenty made.  I tore out a good share of the original ones to remove the cream and replace it with the taupe color.  And then I went around all of them with the cream.  I've got a long way to go before I have enough to make a small throw blanket.  I'm guessing about four times this many.

Well...back to work.  Hope y'all are having a great day!

9 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

What pretty crochet work - how do you put the pieces together? I have some squares which need to be put together - what do you suggest?

How small are those little blocks? I'd probably be insane after 1 block. LOL

Cindy said...

Yes, I've been working on this darn serger ALL DAY and it's frustrating me....LOL...After several hours - it's finally running.

BUT - where did my day go?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh but your blocks are so gorgeous! Maybe 24 will a charm to put together. ;-) Love the crocheting! I've got about 1/4 of mine done too~ I need to take a photo. Have fun with Paganini! :-)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love the quilt blocks! I haven't done any quilting in eons, but have been thinking of doing some again. Don't think I'd tackle such a big project as what you are working on though...I'd never get it finished, lol!

Shelley
http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com

KQ Sue said...

UFO Round Robin anyone?

Yvette said...

You are multi-talented! Love the crochet.

I adore the Crocket quilt blocks. Where can I get that pattern??? Or do I want to know? LOL!

Diane said...

the blocks are so wonderful-I would be going cross eyed working on them for too long a time but the end result you know you're going to think it was SO worth it! A little schnibble distraction is all you need!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

We are certainly on the same wavelength. I was needing something smaller to work on for the day and also went to the Paganini! Your Crocket squares are fantastic!! Where did you purchase your pattern? I love your crochet work too! You are a multi-talented lady!!

Micki said...

I love your quilt so far, and your crochet blocks are so pretty!
Micki