Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I'm Working On Today

Ocean Waves
2,951 pieces


All 1240 half square triangle blocks are finished and now begins the finishing process.  I swear I've been trimming half squares triangle blocks for over a year.  In fact I know it has been that long.  It was a year ago August when I started the process of selecting fabrics for this quilt.   There is somewhere between 300 or 400 different fabrics in the quilt...maybe more.


 
Half Square Quilt
1080 pieces...so far


This one was started a couple months ago when I needed a break from Portobella Market.  All the pieces were cut with my Studio.  I have 135 blocks so far and nothing repeats.  I don't know if I'll make any more blocks.  I need to decide on a layout first and see if I have enough blocks.

7 comments:

Talin's Corner said...

Very pretty. It seems you have a lot of patience.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Any Thimbleberries fabrics in there? Today is sew day! ;) I love the scrappiness. Happy stitching!

Becky said...

This is a great project to use your Studio cutter. It's looking great! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Opps! Forgot to mention that I love your new header!

Vivian said...

I like both of the quilts you're working on. A lot of fabrics in classic blocks. That's the kind of quilt I find so satisfying, both to make and to look at.

Deanna said...

Your work looks great! It is hard to go wrong with a lot of little pieces in happy colors. They are sure to be lovely.

Deanna said...

And, I want to make a quilt just like your header. Is it yours?