Monday, April 30, 2012

A New Book Worth Checking Out

Good morning!  It IS still morning right?

This morning I wanted to share a new book I found while
out shop hopping with my friends recently.  

It is Civil War Legacies by Carol Hopkins.



Inside are instructions for making fifteen small quilts ranging from 20" x 22" to
36 3/4" x 43 1/2".  Here are just a couple examples of the quilts in the book.

Alexander's Bean Pot



Mary Smith's Dishrag



Grandpap's Cards



And my personal favorite (and the first one I'm going to make)...Michael's Victory.

8 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I want to make them all!! LOL Thanks for the review. It will be on my shopping list! ;)

Darlene said...

Definitely a must have! Lots of fabulous little quilts.

Anonymous said...

I bought that book....was sure glad I didn't already own alot of her older patterns because that is what the book is; all good!!

beaquilter said...

I'm getting this book soon to review, I'm a civil war person, but can surely appreciate it and look at it from a modern perspective, I know they used scraps, so making a version in newer scraps might be cool

Vivian said...

My copy arrived a couple weeks ago, and I've enjoyed looking through it more than once. I'm hoping to slip a few of her projects into my make-it-soon list.

Lorri said...

I bought this a few weeks ago and simply love it~

Strlady said...

I recently saw this book online and was very intrigued. I have a few other books that give me that "need to own" feeling but I've resisted so far. I'm thinking that might not hold for too long if this one keeps popping up.

Talin's Corner said...

I have always admired Civil War fabrics and the quilts, but I have never made one. Look forward to seeing your version of Michael's Victory.