Sunday, April 29, 2012

While searching for my One Block Wonder...

I came across my spiderweb quilt.  I have really missed working on this quilt.  So I decided to do a little work on it instead.  Here is where I am as of this morning. 


All 48 blocks are completed now and all that's left to do it sew the blocks together and add a border or two.  I'm beyond tickled with how this quilt has come along. And while tearing off all the paper on the back is going to be a pain, it'll all be worth it. This is just one more quilt that I check off my Bucket List of quilts.

Here are the backing options I've come up with.  Originally I was going to go with the roses (which I ª muchly).  When I first saw the rose fabric I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it.  But then yesterday when I was getting the other bolt out of the closet, I rediscovered the multi-colored floral you also see.  It was originally bought to do a maxi dress out of but I think it'd look fantastic on the back of this quilt. 



After much consideration I've decided which one I'm going with but I'm curious...which would you choose? 

You can find instructions for making your own spiderweb quilt by clicking HERE.


P.S.  With Market coming up in two weeks and being one reader away from 350 followers I feel a giveaway coming on!  So you know the drill...don't go anywhere and stay tuned.  Who knows what goodies I'll bring back from Market to give away.

12 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I would go with the multi floral - I could think of something else for that pretty rose.

Phyllis said...

Oh, I love that spiderweb quilt!Love that red, love those colors! Soooo cheerful. When it comes to the backing I would go for the large floral pattern, much bolder to go with a bold quilt. The roses are lovely, but too frilly I think for this quilt. And I have become a follower, think your blog is great! Would like to participate in the give away, yeeah!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love love love the spiderweb quilt!! :-) I am going to be the odd man out and pick the roses~ I think it would look so cool folded back a bit and add a wonderful surprise pop! ;-) Which ever you choose, it will be lovely! Have a happy day!

Darlene said...

I'm quite smitten with your spiderweb quilt. Lovely!!!!

I'm not sure which fabric I prefer for the backing - hmmmm!

Jen BK said...

I love the roses and I think they are the best color "match" BUT I think the spider web needs a large scale print on the back....I'm torn. (Spider Web is on my "buck et list" too).

quiltgrammy said...

Your Spiderweb quilt is wonderful and I would go with the rose fabric, love how the red roses would pickup that beautiful red on the front.

Cardygirl said...

Love the spider web...just beautiful! I love those roses...but either will look great!

Pip said...

Multi coloured floral for me, it just seems to echo the spider web shape.

beaquilter said...

love the spider web! it's lovely!! well I would choose one of the colors you'd choose for the border, so if it's none of these, then whatever the border fabric is, something with RED in it.
(even though often i use whatever I have for the backing of quilts)

Jan said...

My choice would probably be the larger scaled floral. They are both yummy though:)

Rose Marie said...

Gorgeous spiderweb ... I would go with the maxi dress fabric as it kind of mimics the web.

Talin's Corner said...

Very pretty quilt. I like the fabric in the front with the mini roses and aqua background. I am sure either one will be beautiful.